Excess body hair can lower self-confidence and be a hassle to deal with. There are several at-home hair removal options, but they don’t often give long-lasting or reliable results. To reduce the amount of time spent on removing hair each week, going to a licensed professional for laser hair removal treatments may be beneficial.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a long-lasting method of removing excess or unwanted hair from the body using controlled light and heat from lasers. Depending on the inpidual, this treatment could result in the permanent removal of hair.
How Does The Treatment Work
Laser hair removal works by sending light and heat energy to the hair follicles to damage them. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the hair and ideally will leave skin undamaged. This prevents hair from growing back in areas that you don’t want it.
Most patients need between 6-8 treatment sessions to successfully remove their unwanted hair.
This treatment can be done in areas of the body such as:
- Bikini line
Benefits Of The Treatment
People use laser hair removal because:
- It cuts down or eliminates the need for other hair removal methods
- It’s long-lasting or permanent
- It can be used on almost any area of the body that you want
- It’s safe and effective
Risks And Precautions
Since laser hair removal is a medical procedure, it carries the potential of risks or complications. Some of these risks include:
- Crusting of the skin
You should not get laser hair removal if:
- You have active cold sores
- You have tanned or sunburned within two weeks of treatment
- You have used sunless tanning products within 7 days of the treatment date
- You are pregnant
- You have tattoos on the area you want to be treated
While the recovery period for laser hair removal is minimal, there are numerous things you can do to ensure that you recover well, including:
- Use cool compresses and/or moisturizers to soothe your skin
- Use high-level SPF sunscreen and limit sun exposure/tanning
- Refrain from activities that irritate the treatment area for a day or two
Another very important aspect of recovery involves going to a provider who is licensed and well-trained. When you are choosing a doctor, clinic, or spa to get your treatment, good credentials are important.
If you want to book a consultation for laser hair removal or look into other skin and beauty procedures, call the team at Resplendence MedSpa today. Dr. Majid Sabour can help you look and feel your best.